Contract staffing is a process of recruiting required human resources on contract. This method can take place between the company( a staffing firm) and an individual or between the 2 companies. Contract staffing helps organizations with ramp-up projects with as few or many qualified consultants as are required to fulfill the short term and long term needs.
According to the current situation, the managers also need to hire a candidate with more skills and talents. To avoid high attrition, it’s essential to avoid critical staffing issues. All things considered, an organization must go through a staffing firm specially when it is considering to on board contract employees. Let’s first understand why any organization should consider hiring contractors.
- When a company has a specific skill set only for a short term, some of those skilled contractors or consultants dont like to work full time jobs.
- Contractors are preferred when a company requires somebody on an immediate basis, as it takes more time to fill the full-time position. Interviews offer acceptance, relocation, etc. take a lot longer.
- The cost of hiring contractors is much lesser than the full-time employees as the organization does not have to pay benefits like vacations, sick leaves, medical insurance and the likes. Even if they are priced higher on an hourly basis, they would comparatively less expensive for a project or for a limited time.
- The temporary resource can be tested to see if he/she is a fit for the full-time job – and can be converted to permanent later.
- When a company is limited by its investor/owners/management to limit the headcount for the permanent employees to maintain long term commitment, expenses, and workforce flexibility.
- To make fewer expenses on hiring contractors and saving the company from going through the hassle of the hiring process, Organizations should consider staffing agencies. They provide anonymous advantages to the organizations.
Here are the 7 benefits a staffing company provides to an organization.
- Project hiring: Company needs IT professionals only for a specific project.
- Duration: Company needs IT resources only for the short-term.
- Immediate hire: Company requires resources on an immediate basis, IT Contractors are preferred as the hiring cycle is longer for permanent hires.
- Skill Set: Company is looking for niche IT skills as IT resources with niche skills are not easily available to hire for permanent positions.
- Lower cost of hiring: Company avoids recruitment and hiring costs and does not have to pay benefits like vacations, sick leaves, medical insurance, and the likes.
- Resource evaluation: The contract resource can be tested to see if he/she is a fit for any open permanent jobs
- Headcount: When a company is limited by its investor/owners/management to limit the headcount for permanent employees.
If your company is ready to work with a staffing agency. Contact SolutionIT and experienced contract recruiting staffing agency.